Bodyweight Workout for Teens

Being a teen and wanting to build some muscle can be a bad combination for a few reasons:

• Can’t afford equipment for home
  • No ability to get to a gym
  • Can’t afford a gym membership

Good news is doing enough volume with bodyweight exercises can help build some muscle and get lean without any weights.

Ideally having some weights would be nice but with some creativity, you can make some great implements to help you build some muscle.

Kali Muscle Bodyweight Workout

Bodyweight Workout for Teens

This is a 5 day workout and you can choose which 2 days you would like as a rest day or light activity day.

No need to train every single day; have 2 days off a week to relax or do something fun.

Chest and Triceps

Mountain Climbers 4 15
Army Crawls 5 10
Burpees 5 10
Jumping Jacks 5 15
Wall Sits 4 ALAP

Workout Tips

Okay so not all of these exercises are explicitly bodyweight only but I’ll tell you how to make them work.

* For lateral raises – I want you to take your book bag or find a sack and fill it full of canned goods or something that won’t be harmed using them as weights. This is a great way for you to get stronger and not have to spend a penny on any weights.

* Pull Ups – Unless you can find a tree or something sturdy to use for pull ups, I would recommend buying a pull up bar. Just like in the header picture, they can be removed from the door frame with no damage. I will be releasing more workouts shortly using this very bar, so it’s worth the money to buy it. Yes that is an affiliate link; help me keep the site running and use it if you want to buy the pull up bar.

* ALAP – As long as possible. I want to see you cry and collapse. When you feel like you can’t go any longer, you have another 5 seconds at least.

* AMAP – As many as possible. Once again, I want you to fail and try two more reps after that. Bodyweight exercises are not like getting pinned under a heavy ass squat.

* Nutrition – Eat right and make gains.

As always, leave me a comment or question if you have any, be sure to follow our social accounts, and get strong my friends.

155 thoughts on “Bodyweight Workout for Teens”

1. Hello !
    I am 14 years old and weight 70 kg,i am really fat even though I play European football alot , so my question is will this help me lose weight and then build up muscle ? And what type of diet should I follow ?

• Start by replacing any meal that’s “ready to eat” or frozen with nutritious foods. You are active but you must be overeating or drinking too many calories.

Find where you are overeating and start trying to choose a more sensible diet. I eat about half of what I did now and I could still cut my caloric intake down. That’s not to say quit eating, but at the end of the day if you eat more than you burn, you gain weight.

This will definitely help with health markers and get you started on the right path.

• Try them on your knees or find an elevated surface. A counter, table, chair, etc. The higher it is, the easier it will be. Start higher and work your way down to the floor.

Hope this helps!

2. Hi cutty, i’m 12 years old 163cm and weigh 42kg. Do you have any advice on how long it takes to get visible results?

• I would say if you’ve never really exercised before that you could start SEEING results in 3 weeks. You’ll feel a difference within a week though.

Get as many nutritious foods into you, get some good protein in you, and get some healthy carbs. Ask your parents to start teaching you how to cook and start reading about nutrition. Self-teaching allows you to learn how you learn best and cooking will be a skill that you will use every day. Heck, if you like cooking, you could turn it into your career.

So work hard and you’ll start feeling results probably within a week, seeing results within 3. By results I mean you’ll start really noticing a difference. You’re already pretty lean, already really tall for your age – so starting out now with a base learning nutrition could set you up for a healthy life.

Let me know how it goes!

3. Hi cutty, do you know of any extra leg exercises as they are by far my weakest area and I have quite a lot of fat on them. Also are there any other biceps workouts

• Find something heavier and hold onto it at your chest (like holding a gallon of milk or fill up a box with some stuff and hold it.. it’s basically a goblet or front squat. They will work your quads pretty well.

For hamstrings I would say try to do some walking lunges.

There’s not really too much you can do bodyweight wise with biceps – any pulling movement will work them. You could also put something heavier in a plastic sack and curl away. I usually grab my case of water and use it for fun haha.

4. Do you have any before and after pictures you could show me. Also how long do you recommend I do this workout for.

• I don’t, although many have stated how much of an improvement they’ve seen. Bodyweight routines need to be constantly tweaked – if you can easily do this whole routine, I would suggest adding more intensity, weight, or volume to your training.

5. Hey I’m a 14 year-old vegetarian and I was wondering if you have a better meal plan option that can fit a vegetarian plan. (Remember no fish, eggs, poultry, and meat)

• Your grandpa could do the routine. The only reason I mention for teens is you don’t need any equipment and you can train anywhere. Make some progress man!

6. Hi Cutty, im 14 and only weigh 90 which is really skinny and I would like to know which workout routine to do. Do I do chest and triceps and also do legs and core one day or do I just do one of the two in one day. I would also like to what a good ab workout would be.

• Any exercise and resistance training will help you build muscle. You need to start eating more nutritious foods and slowly add in 150-300 calories extra per day. That’s how you will start gaining weight. You could do this routine, add in other exercises you see fit, and make progress.

If you have weights, even better. But you don’t need any.